Tuesday, February 17, 2009

September is the best month


Last week the BAFTAs and the Grammys took place- I was excited to see that in both these prestigious awards people I knew picked up prizes.

The award for the best short film went to Esther May Campbell for her film 'September' which lots of my friends helped work on, and for which there is a celebratory party tomorrow night. It's free and if you head to the Cube Cinema you'll be able to watch the film, dance to some music and impress people with your BAFTA outfit. Hope to see you there!

The very same day I heard the news that my friend Kimya won a Grammy for soundtrack of the year, for Juno. It's weird and exciting to think that people I know are winning major awards, maybe next year someone I know will be up for the Turner Prize...unlikely but still- let's aim high!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I might turn up, wasn't sure if it was a private party or not...