Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Top Tips for the wonky

I very recently found out about the Disabled Person's Railcard (UK) which you can get if you are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for mobility, or middle and higher rate for personal care. It entitles you and a person travelling with you to 1/3 off the regular train fare.

My second top tip is the CEA card which entitles someone to come to the cinema with you for free if you are getting DLA or are blind. I'm definitely applying for that one as it means I can get to take someone with me to the cinema and that means I could get to see films in places that I might not be able to get to under my own steam.

I'm posting about this because i'm discovering there's a whole host of things that people are entitled to that are really hard to find out about unless you are looking in the right places. I know there's a few of us 'differently sane' and ever so slightly wonky out there amongst the creative world of blogging, so maybe some of you might be able to take advantage of some of these tips, and it goes without saying that if you have any tips for making life with a less than perfectly functioning body a bit more fun then let me know!

1 comment:

Cally said...

top tip!