Wednesday, July 11, 2007

K is for

K is for Kelly Lynn Jones



Kelly was one of the artists that showed as part of the Hounds Tooth and Herringbone exhibition at here gallery back in 2004. Unfortunately she wasn't able to make it over for the show (I think maybe she had to work, or was moving house?) so i've never met her in real life, but I do have a little piece of her work on my studio wall. The drawing above is the one that Kelly submitted as part of 24 frames a second- a fund-raising show for the gallery, and I couldn't help myself from buying it and taking it home with me. Kelly also runs the amazing website/shop Little Paper Planes where she selects all my favourite artists and sells work by them. LPP has a blog which is frequently updated with info about shows and artists (mainly in the CA area) as well as with what's new in the shop. A girl after my own heart, but much more organised about it.


K is for Amanda Kindregan






Amanda Kindregan is another one of those people i'm not 100% sure how I found, but find her I did and in 2005 she showed her Lumberjack Lolitas in the gallery, along with Bjorn Lie (who has told me that he gets loads of hits to his website via me so there's another link to him). She now has a store on etsy (both of the pieces featured are available to buy, just click on the image) and her blog as well as the website. Amanda has shown her work all over the place including Blue Bottle, in Seattle and Paper Boat Boutique in Milwaukee.


K is for Missy Kulik



Missy Kulik is something of a superstar in my eyes! She has been making zines and comics for over 15 years, and now as well as her own website you can find her in her store over on etsy. Missy is another artist that showed at here gallery where she exhibited a selection of her super cute ink drawings, collage pieces and some very tempting plush creations (my favourite being the rain cloud and all the little rain drops). I think my favourite fact about Missy is that she also can do things on the trapeze.

No comments: