Saturday, April 10, 2010

Picnic time


I had a really nice day up in London yesterday- perfect weather for sitting outside eating sarnies and drinking pop. As part of things at Checkout on Sunday there is going to be a picnic held in the central reservation of Stokes Croft! Totally bonkers idea, but why should city dwellers miss out on picnics, just because they are surrounded by concrete? After all some of my favourite picnic memories include: indoors picnics at my Grandma and Grandad's house because it was raining outside; picnics under the dining table with my nephew and the memorable 'scampie fries' picnic in the car, in a layby on top of the Mendip Hills in pouring rain. Just the other day I had a mini picnic on the sea front with my friend- we took supplies from a local baker and Marks and Sparks and sat and ate bread and drank lemondae and watched the hovercraft on the beach!

No comments: