Saturday, March 27, 2010

Basket making workshop at Black Swan Arts

bunches of withies

butt ends of withies

Beautiful withies

Starting the base

Basket base completed

I want one of these bodkins

Lucy took this without me knowing, I'm glad she did.

Once I started making the sides it went pretty fast.

Our finished baskets

Lucy and I had a wonderful day at Black Swan Arts in Frome learning basket making from Rebecca Board. So much to say about it all, but i'm so sleepy now and need to get ready for my parents Ruby Wedding party tomorrow, in the meantime you can look at the photos!

5 comments:

littlemithi said...

OMGZ love LOve LOVE love!!

Kitsch and Curious said...

Looks like fun! Sorry we missed you.

Karen said...

haven't you been busy, basket making, book making. i'm particularly envious of the book making workshop, looks great and I've just seen pics from the exhibition on flickr, amazing! You are very talented!!

d e b b i e said...

wow! This is a skill I'd definitely like to learn.

Camilla said...

It cost us £30 for a day course, which was money very well spent as far as I was concerned- well worth looking out for something near to you!