Thursday, August 20, 2009

My very own Finn Family (not Moomintrolls)

Vintage photo from antique shop in Tampere

I found this amazing photo in an antiques shop in Tampere, while I was in Finland on holiday. I like to collect vintage photos of people, for 'my family' as I have started to call it. So far the majority of my family has come from the UK, with a few members being donated from a friend in Israel and some from Slovenia. These are the first members to have been located in Finland. I think they are a lovely looking bunch of people- obviously have a good sense of humour and maybe an artistic/theatrical side to them. I wish I knew who they were, or where they really came from- but the photo is mounted onto card and has no marks on it other than the price I paid.

3 comments:

lisa solomon said...

isn't there something great about old found photos??

chiaroscuro said...

hei milla, I started collecting old photos a few years ago - I love making up stories of their past ...

andrealynn said...

I do the same thing too! There is a lovely antique store near by that has this special stash full of photographs. Loose a lot of time there picking out which photographs I want to take home and be a part of my family