Monday, March 09, 2009

Tidy House, Tidy Mind

Tidy House Tidy Mind

While i've been away from blogland i've been busy making this. It's a glass cabinet filled with things from my house, i've called it 'Tidy House, Tidy Mind' because really I have neither of those things. At the moment I should be typing up the long long list of things that are included in this piece, but everytime I stop to think about just how many things I crammed in it makes me feel reluctant to start.

Tidy House Tidy Mind third shelf

The scary thing about this piece is that even though it's full of things there's still no way of telling that anything has been taken from my house- still packed to the rafters with 'stuff'.

There are lots more photos over on Flickr- thanks to Jason for lending my his camera after I managed to leave mine at my friends house.

1 comment:

Kitsch and Curious said...

I love this, but I'm intrigued by how it works. Do you intend to put the things back into your house at some point? Or are you giving them up for good, and is that gesture part of the piece? Or is it more like a museum exhibition with pieces 'on loan' from your house?

I've always wanted to make my house into a museum...