Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cross posted from Calm Air All Ice

pickacolour2
pickone

I've been trying to get some photos of these embroidered pieces for you to see, but I don't seem to have mastered the art of taking good photos of my work. I think what I notice the most is the state of my hands!

These are one of my interpretations of the paper folding games that I played when I was younger, i'm not sure what they are called- do you have a name for them?

Have I told you all about 'Calm Air All Ice'? It's the name Claire and I have given our project and the title of our exhibition in May, we've a blog set up over here for it which will have updates on our progress and details of work for sale etc when the time comes.

2 comments:

littlemithi said...

Hey Milla!

Are you going to put some of your doilies on show at the show? I remember us talking about how to display them and then the other day I saw one that had been lightly sewn down to a quite sheer fabric, and then popped on an embroidery hoop! The circle in a circle thing made it look fab :)

Jen said...

They're so cute!
We used to call them 'chatterboxes'.
Not a very cute name :P
Cool stuff.