Saturday, February 21, 2009

Amy Santoferraro at Llantarnum Grange Arts Centre, Cwmbran

Amy Santoferraro
Amy Santoferraro
Amy Santoferraro
Amy Santoferraro

Anyone who knows me at all well will know that when I say I jumped up and down with excitement when I saw this work will know i'm telling the truth. I was totally unprepared to see something so utterly my kind of thing in a little gallery in Cwmbran. Alongside the Fibre Arts show was this exhibition by American artist Amy Santoferraro who uses all kinds of my favourite things to create pieces of work that I wanted to steal.

Amy had been working with the Arts Centre as part of a ten week residency, I wish I had known about this while she was over here because I would've loved to have met up with her.

2 comments:

Kitsch and Curious said...

This looks really interesting. I might have to venture across the bridge...

Camilla said...

Well worth it- it's only on until March 7th so hurry!