Friday, June 20, 2008

outstanding!


I know I already mentioned it, but here's my proof that I did so well this year. 85% equates to an 'outstanding 1st' which is basically as good as it gets- hence my happy face in this photo. Anything over 70% is a first (top grade possible) so I did really well all round as my lowest grade was 74%. When I did my first degree over 10 years ago I think the highest mark I ever got was 81% in the first year, and I came away with a 2.1, which is a very respectable grade if I do say so myself. I didn't ever really expect to be a first class student so it's good to prove myself wrong. I suppose the fact I already have a degree might seem like cheating, but i'm covering so much new territory this time round it feels like i'm starting from scratch.

My Mum and Dad popped in for afternoon tea (well evening tea actually) today and Dad told me all about his new studio space! For his birthday this year we all clubbed together to pay for him to take a course in stained glass- he's taken to it like a duck to water and now the course has finished he's found himself space in someone's garage with a window and a work bench where he's going to start making stained glass pieces on commission. I've already suggested a few pieces he could make for my house- and tried to convince him to set up an online shop so I can blog about him. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Well done!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations-that is a great achievement

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your brilliant grade! Well done!

Wouldn't it be cool if you could convince your dad to open an etsy shop!

Anonymous said...

See. I was right about your geniusness... evidently outstanding in ALL areas! And your clever dad too. Wow. Go Staceys!
It is soooo brilliant to be back in touch. All that you are up to is very inspirational stuff.
And you know, you are welcome to come and visit us in the ?Highlands any time. We would love to have you. xx

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerstin Klein said...

CONGRATS! :)

And I would love to have a work space like your father does.

janet said...

Good for you - congratulations!

Camilla said...

Wow- thanks for all the congratulations and sorry it's taken so long to respond! Thankyou thankyou thankyou- you're all pretty clever people yourselves.