Saturday, May 31, 2008

A long overdue account of Spike Open Studios

Back at the start of May I went to visit the Spike Island Open Studios, I posted a couple of images up here, but didn't ever get round to writing a more in depth report of the day. I've finally got round to doing that now. I went with friends and family, and totally enjoyed the experience of seeing everything via my 4 year old nephew's eyes, he asked me to take photos of him next to all his favourite pieces of art:

Angela Lizon
Angela Lizon

Patrick Haines
Patrick Haines

Rod Harris
Rod Harris

For me some of the most exciting and inspiring bits were in the artists studio spaces:

Angela Lizon and Michael Hayter

2 comments:

Gaina said...

I loved Angela Lizon's stuff - it's exactly the type of thing I'd buy if I had enough money and wall space!

As for that Raven? Oooh....

Camilla said...

I think you could probably BUILD a house with a few of her paintings!