Thursday, December 27, 2007

Q is for...

Well it seems like it's been about three months since I added anything to my ABC of artists I liked, possibly because when I got to the letter Q I got a bit stuck. So i'm just going to try and ignore the fact that time has passed by and start again right now. I still got stuck on Q, so I decided to head to China, where the letter Q features a bit more often in the names of people.

Q is for Wu Qing



I have to admit to knowing nothing about these artists, other than the names and these images, which makes this all a bit of a futile post really, but you could take a look at New Chinese Art, where these images come from.

Q is for Qi Pengfei


These look like they might be painted on some kind of fabric maybe



Q is for Qiu Xiaofei






Qiu Xiaofei recently showed work at Tate Liverpool, as part of the exhibition 'The Real Thing: Contemporary Art from China'

For more on art from China head over to ArtZineChina or take a look at Art China Gallery



3 comments:

littlemithi said...

....mmmmm ... Quentin Blake ....

Or maybe its just me that likes kiddie drawings ;) ...

Camilla said...

Oh I do love Quentin Blake it's true, but I wanted to pick someone that was new to me. Maybe I should do a special 'illustrators that influenced my childhood' type post.

Gaina said...

Firstly, 'YAY!' I got your update via email :)

Second, I had never heard of those artists but I like the illustrations :). I like really simple stuff sometimes - I think artists can get too bogged down in detail and the expensive of conveying emotion, as we saw at the Watershed.