Friday, March 30, 2007

You've Found me again



When I got home today I was delighted to find a mystery package waiting for me. When I opened it up I found this small tin, and I remembered that I had signed up to be part of the 'You've Found me again' project (I sign up for things and forget i've done it- my memory is terrible!). Inside the tin were a badge and letter that explained this was Tin 31 and reminded me of the rules of the 'game'.



The idea behind this project is simply to do nice things, with no reason for it. As it says on the lid of the tin 'Do you really need a reason to do something kind?'. Once you receive a tin your only duty is to let it go again: pass it on to a friend, family member, post it overseas, or just leave it somewhere- it doesn't matter- just don't keep it to yourself (although the tin is so cool i'm pretty tempted!) As well as passing the tin on you are encouraged to take the things that you find inside it out, and replace with something of your own, and if possible log onto the website (www.foundmeagain.com) and document your experience.

I've decided to leave the letter inside, and fill the tin with badges that i've made


Initially I thought i'd pass the tin to my friend who is leaving for Indonesia tomorrow, but instead I have decided to set my tin free at The Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford, when I visit it next Tuesday. I couldn't resist the idea of the tin being left in amongst all the weird and wonderful things in the museum, and hope that whoever finds it feels as excited about this project as I do. It's a little bit like book crossing crossed with Amelie.

There's a flickr group to keep up to date on images of the tins: found me again and you can keep up to date on the tins via the 'messages' page of You've found me again. I'll be taking a photo of the 'release' of Tin 31, and keeping an eye out to see who picks it up again- if you want to try searching for it then take a look in the museum any time after 1pm on Tuesday April 3rd...

3 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

love that fly pin! what a fun project...

Susan Schwake said...

now, just reading your p.s.
let's talk on it a bit! i like the idea of the new england, england show ... very cool.
we should email.
:-)
too bad it is my daughter going to london in two weeks and not me, we could talk THERE!!!

Unknown said...

that's a really cool project! I want to do it too :) The museum is definitely a great place to let it go...