Friday, February 09, 2007

Project Spectrum: Blue Room


blueroom
Originally uploaded by crunchcandy.

Thanks to being able to borrow a camera from my dad I was able to take this photo of my spare bedroom, which fits in perfectly with the blue/grey/white theme of this month.

I painted the walls (with the help of my Mum and a sister) in Dulux Willow Tree, which is actually a greeny grey colour. The chair is one that i've had for ages and I can't actually remember where it came from, probably a junk shop somewhere. The cushion on the chair comes from Dunelm and cost me just £2 (I was going to use it as a cushion filler, but it goes well in this room so it's safe for now)

One of the next steps for this room will be to take up the carpet (which I hate) and paint the floorboards- i'm not sure if i'm going to stick with white boards, or maybe go for a pale duck egg blue. I'm not looking forward to having to prepare the floor before I paint it, and will probably have to be restrained from just slapping a load of paint on and hoping for the best (it's shabby chic if it all peels off, surely?!)

No comments: