Wednesday, October 18, 2006

kissy kissy


kissykissy
Originally uploaded by crunchcandy.

I've been doing lots of drawings and paintings based on old photos that i've either found at car boot sales, in junk shops, or have had donated to me. Today I tried colour for the first time- I hate using colour, I seem so clueless at it, but today was 'colour' and I had to bite the bullet and try using it.*

This painting started off about twice the size it is now, I got mad at it and cropped the edges, then the top, then I got REALLY mad with it and just painted all over it. After painting all over it I started to feel a bit remorseful so I sponged off some of the paint, and wouldn't you know I ended up with a painting I liked a lot more than before I ruined it.

I never like to show people my paintings, but i'm trying to take myself a bit more seriously and push my comfort boundaries too. So here you go- a gouache, marker pen and acrylic paint on paper picture by me.

* I'm studying art part time at the moment as part of my 'how long can I drag my education out for' scheme.

No comments: