Sunday, April 26, 2009

I miss my garden

lupin

I've been wasting a lot of time on the internet when I should be working on embroidery for my show in three weeks time (eek!), but I think if I still had a garden I would probably be spending all my time there and not getting any work done anyway.

When I lived in Bristol I had a teeny tiny garden that I turned from an overgrown dumping ground into a productive space, complete with vegetables, flowers, herbs, a very small pond and enough space to sit down in. When I moved to my new home I said goodbye to the garden, but I didn't think that i'd still be missing it as much as I do.

Up until the end of July last year I had a tiny outdoor area here- which is where the lupin was grown. It was little more than a balcony with a few pots on, but again I managed to grown flowers, herbs and some tomatoes. At the end of July I became the proud owner of a conservatory, and whilst it's nice to have the extra room, and to know that the people downstairs are no longer getting leaked on, I am missing the outdoors and the time spent with my hands in the soil.



1 comment:

Gaina said...

You can grow lots of lovely stuff in conservatories! Just google it and you'll find lots of ideas :)