Thursday, April 23, 2009

hundreds of hankies


Plodding away making new work- sometimes it seems like more of a chore than a pleasure, but today I got on and did some screen printing, some embroidery and had a really nice chat with Bo who had called into Uni today for an interview. I probably should've spent more time making and less time talking, but I feel like I was providing a useful service to the terrified people waiting for their interviews- I hope they ALL get places!

So in less than 4 weeks time our exhibition opens (see Calm Air All Ice for some updates from me and Claire) and coincidentally that's the same time as all my deadlines for Uni, which is a miracle of bad planning on my part. I'm finding it hard to split myself between the two deadlines so i'm hoping that i'm producing a body of work that's cohesive enough, and yet can be split and shown in two places at once. I'm also writing about Sophie Calle at the moment which is leading to me wishing I could buy ALL her books, and looking forward to the fact there's going to be a major show of her work in London in the Autumn.

3 comments:

dansette said...

Oooh I went to a Calle show at the Camden Arts Centre I think it was called years ago and that was great, looking forward to seeing you for that in the autumn but only after we go to FINLAND wooo!

littlemithi said...

Sooo looking forward to your show with claire ...

Where did you get all those hankies? I hanker for so many vintage hankies .... mmmm.....

Camilla said...

Mithi- I may have lots left over at the rate i'm going, if there's anything you are looking for in particular let me know. I got these as 'payment' for work I sold in America- I love the barter system!

Kate- I keep forgetting about FINLAND! I can't believe it's actually going to happen.