Saturday, November 29, 2008

I made a zine!

New zine- 2 cartoons and some colour

colour pages

centre spread

some photos

Some pages from my latest zine- created thanks to the fact I signed up for a 2 week art zine swap over on Swap-Bot. It's the first time i've really used my printer for making a zine and i'm wondering why I didn't do this sooner- the quality is really great! I think I could probably even use this printer to print off copies of some of my paintings and they wouldn't look too shabby.

I recently finished making 25 copies of my other new zine for the Generic Zine Exchange, and nearly bankrupted myself in the process, using a colour photo-copier to do the colour pages with. If only i'd known how nice my printer is I could've saved myself a lot of money!

At the moment i've not put any copies in my shop, but if you're interested in getting your paws on one let me know. There'll certainly be a copy in the selection of goodies for the 510th post giveaway!

5 comments:

claudia said...

Wow that is pretty nice! I didn't know about that "making magazine" thing. Super cool! And did I read 510 post??? that is crazy ;)

Kitsch and Curious said...

This is all very inspiring...
The zine looks great. Is it a posh printer?
Swap-bot looks fun, but I'm always a bit scared of deadlines. But maybe that's the way to get things finished!

Johanna said...

I would like to buy one please, it looks really pretty!

claire platt said...

that is well exciting!

Laura said...

I would love to by one of your zines!