Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I made some badges

I made some badges

It's been a while since Aaron's mum gave me these stamps, but this week I finally got round to making something from them. I turned a whole bunch of stamps into 1" badges (for sale here) and it was only when I came to look them up on the internet so I could add to the descriptions that I discovered some of them were very old indeed- so far the oldest I have dated is from 1875.

I love how these look all together in a group, the colours compliment each other wonderfully- all slightly muted. My favourites have to be the stamps from The Netherlands:


Now I just have to sit tight and hope I don't discover that i've destroyed something priceless...

6 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

So cute and a great use of the stamps

Susan Schwake said...

delightful!
hey how many moos do you want to trade!?
ready to send...

littlemithi said...

mmmmmm....preeeeeeettyyyyyyyy....

Mod and Mint said...

They look great! And your favs are from my former country.. ah memories. Well, not that i'm old enough to remember those stamps. I'm not that vintage myself ;)

John Large said...

Loving your badges. Glad to see others creating badges. We are a man and wife duo in the UK who run an Independent Button badge company. If you get chance check us out. Keep on badging

Badges by Koolbadges.co.uk

Liam said...

Absolutely love what you have done here, looks awesome and such an original idea.

We make Button Badges over at our website http://www.badgebeast.co.uk, maybe you might like to take a look.

Keep up the good work :)

Liam