Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Why you should always be nice to old ladies


old threads
Originally uploaded by crunchcandy.

It pays to be nice to little old ladies- sometimes you end up with big bags of haberdashery to rifle through with your friends. My friend Lucy has a collection of old ladies that routinely give her donations of fabric, and she is kind enough to share these treasures with me.

In the haul this time I picked up some lovely old wooden cotton reels, some ric rac and a few pieces of really delicate lace. Lucy took some bright embroidery threads and beading needles, and Becky took a huge bag of soft toy filling and some fabric scraps. Best of all was the discovery of a few dolls faces in the bag, which means I can make some more of my 'spooky doll face brooches'.

No comments: